Roddy Radiation’s top 10 favourite all time songs
Can you remember the first album you bought Rod, what was it and where
I bought Hendrix’s album while on holiday in Devon with my Mum and Dad and had too wait 2 weeks before I could hear it. ‘Headquarters’ I bought at Jill Hanson’s one of the few record shops in Coventry in the mid 1960′s, I was about 12 yrs old at the time.
Though finding and buying music/albums is a totally different experience these days are you still a regular collector and buyer of records, or maybe CD’s
Here’s my top ten faves of all time*
1. Maybellene – Chuck Berry.
Well I think with every rock,n,roll guitarist owes Chuck Berry something.
2. I’m left, you’re right , shes gone – Elvis Presley.
Elvis wrote the book page one.
3. Jumping Jack Flash – The Rolling Stones.
I remember watching the Stones do this in an early video on Top of the Pops and thinking “l’d like too do that” as in play in a band
4. What you gonna do about it – The Small Faces.
Me and my mate at school would go to his house and listen too his sisters Small Faces albums in our lunch break.
5. Pictures of Lily – The Who.
Loved Pete Townsend’s style – the way he moved and played guitar.
6. Waterloo Sunset – The Kinks.
The Kinks were always better than the Beatles in my book.
7. Blitzkrieg Bop – The Ramones.
The Ramones had the blue print for punk rock
8. Career Opportunities – The Clash.
Supporting the Clash on the Specials first U.K. tour was one of the high lights of my life.
9. No woman no cry – Bob Marley.
Bob Marley inspired me when I had gotten bored with punk rock.
10. Israelites – Desmond Dekker.